Monday, November 20, 2006

Bolivia is off the list!

Unfortunately we have to cancel our plans to go to Bolivia :(
We headed towards the boarder to Bolivia (lake Titicaca) a couple of days ago and our old friend the high altitude sickness said ´hello´again! Nigel spent another night throwing up and feeling terrible. It was even more scary this time since we were trapped in Puno for a night and had to wait for the next morning to take the bus back to Arequipa (about 1000m lower in elevation).
The plan is to head to Chile from here (take the route along the coast) and spend some more time there and in Argentina.
I would have loved to go see Bolivia but everything is so high there (most places are above 3000m) and for me it´s not worth it to risk Nigel´s health just to go see it.
I already know that I will come back to South America at some point anyway! I´ll just go and see it some other time...

No comments: