Saturday, December 09, 2006

Completos & Arroz con leche - icecream

Over the whole robbery-confusion I totally forgot to write about our latest discovery! Completos! A sausage in a hotdog bun topped with fresh tomatos, avocado, tons of mayonaise and ketchup! It tastes awesome and costs only 500 Pesos (about $1) It's what I'll be missing on the hike in Torres del Paine NP. We'll be having rice, pasta and instant soup, all over again for about 10 days!

We've also been trying the weirdest icecream flavours at Bravissimo, the best icecram place in Santiago! My last one was "arroz con leche" (Milchreis!) Different but tasty!

Our 3-hour flight down to Punta Arenas (Patagonia) was pretty crazy, I think I've experienced the worst turbulences ever! Normally that stuff doesn't freak me out but this was quite scary. The plane kept shaking and bouncing for several minutes and a woman close to us kept shrieking "ah - aaahh - aahh!!!" They also played this really creepy music on the plane - stuff that they play in movies right before a plane crashes. Maybe not the best strategy to calm the passengers down!

After one night in Punta Arenas we took the bus to Puerta Natales, a little town that lives from tourism since it's the last town before entering the National Park. It's a lot colder down here and windy as hell! I'm really glad now I had my mum sending my warmer sleeping bag. I would have probably froze to death in my old one.

No comments: